Lance,
I'm glad Ember is doing better but I had another possible explanation.   Fur-balls can cause quite a little bit of havoc on the GI tract.  Not only will cats become nauseous but it can also cause diarrhea.  And just because they've thrown up the 'ball' doesn't mean there isn't still more down there that is trying to continue its way through the GI instead of back up it.  It is much more preferable for the fur to come back up than go through if it is enough to cause problems.  It has been suggested that 1 reason cats eat grass is so that they can give the fur something to wrap around so that it can be more easily expelled back up.  My older cats, 1 in particular, tend to have week long bouts of fur ball induced illness or occasionally longer.  I don't always see fur'balls' when they puke but I know the difference b/n that and some other cause for the puke.  I also have spent a lot of time sifting through the litter box and examining the concentration of fur in the stool which can give you some clues as to how well they are passing fur through but you have to break it apart, not a way many of you want to spend your Sat., I'm sure, lol.

I would suggest trying to brush Ember once a day if you don't already.  It may help if this all was just fur related and it's not a bad idea anyway.  Whatever the problem was I hope it is cleared up now.
Hth,
Natalie K., Kippy, angel Ajax, and the rest of the gang