Hi Everyone...
I wondered if anyone could offer advice on feLuk gum disease. Wowie has stopped
eating. Not for lack of wanting to,
but the only thing I can guess is that he is in pain. I have been brushing his
teeth as the dr suggested, and have been
brushing with both toothpaste and a separate brushing with baking soda and then
a peroxide/h20 rinse. He is so
good about it, but it doesn't seem to help, and his gums don't look great. He
clearly wants to eat and is interested in
food, but seems to be having trouble and it's taking a toll on his weight and i
fear for his health. The dr had
suggested last time we saw him, that I have a dental done when I have him
neutered, but I put it off because I am
afraid to put a FeLuk cat WITH a heart murmur under anesthesia. But now,  I
fear it's inevitable. I can't have him in
pain or not eating. I don't know what to do. Any thoughts? I'm trying to get an
appointment with a dr. here who
specializes in cats. Hope to get in on saturday. Until then, any advice? Thanks
so much.
Rebecca