Rachel,

I'm so sorry to hear about beautiful Mr. Dobbs.  What
a horrible shock it must have been when you woke up
this morning.  I don't know what could have happened.
I know a lot of times that people talk about using ISO
gas here instead of regular anesthesia during surgery
and to give fluids before, during, and after surgery,
but it doesn't sound like that was the issue because
of the blood.  Did the vet speculate what could have
happened?  Did he say where the blood might have come
from?  I am so sorry about this.  At least he found
someone to love him even if for a short, short time.
You're in my prayers.

:)
Wendy