Thanks for the chuckle, re: "ugh...".  I know exactly what you mean.  Ah, for the days of ignorant bliss...

catatonya wrote:
Thanks Nina,  I'll look it up.  The reed is for my pond so the cats won't be getting into it, but still I guess I need to check up on my litter now too. ugh.........

Nina <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi Tonya,
Yeah, silica is a no no. Michelle started the thread with an article on
clumping clay litter that talked about the dangers of sodium bentonite,
esp to kittens, (respiratory, GI, etc), but silica is bad too. I don't
know about the dangers it would pose in a horsetail reed. Maybe you
could look it up under poisonous plants? I know I had a site
bookmarked, but I can't find it. Let me know if you need help
researching it.
Nina