Thank you Kat,

You don't have to do that, I'm going to the office tonight, our oldest girl (Felv neg)had a small mass removed today, so I will give them the 21 questions.  I found this website:  http://critteradvocacy.org/Feline%20Recommendations.htm

Roxane : )
PS, the mass looks ok but we will wait for the test to come back.

Kat <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi Roxane,

One of the clinics here in NJ is also going to a one year rabies vaccine -
I asked them in particular why, and they said it's a slightly different
vaccine, one that uses a different adjuvant (delivery liquid), and that it
has a shorter immunity duration. Since they are not my primary vet (only
my emergency clinic) I did not push it, but if you want I can find out
more about it.

Kat (Mew Jersey)

On Mon, 10 Jul 2006, Roxane Baldwin wrote:

> Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2006 13:17:34 -0700 (PDT)
> From: Roxane Baldwin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: Felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
> Subject: OT-Rabies Vaccine
>
> I just had an upsetting phone call with my vets office. They are going from a 2 years rabies vaccine to a annual rabies vaccine for cats, it is now 3 years for dogs. I thought that there was only one type of rabies vaccine and it was a 3 year shot.
> With the study that Jean Dodds is trying to put together, I would think that vet offices would wake-up to the dangers of over vaccinating.
> Does anyone know if this annual vaccination is a new standard for felines or is this just my vet?
> I'm sorry this is OT but with a canine with an auto-immune disorder because a vet over vaccinated her, I get very upset when they tell me I need to vaccinate more.
>

> Roxane,
> Horton, Iowa

Roxane,
Horton, Iowa