MC,
The way I look at it is that a healthy, vaccinated negative cat is very unlikely to get the virus from a positive, and if they did their own healthy immune system would most likely successfully fight it off.  Not to say it couldn't happen, but I personally believe the chances are almost zero.
I personally have never seen it but I know there has been one or two people on the list in the past that were sure this is what happened to them.

That's why I said what I did.  I personally think that it's more likely the cat was positive all along but gave a false negative when originally tested and then when sick and retested the cat came up positive then.  Of course their vet would tell them the cat just got it and if they have another known positive, guess who gets blamed.

Though the possibility exists, I personally am comfortable in mixing my cats because from my own experience and so many others I know of, I don't think it's very likely.
--

Belinda
happiness is being owned by cats ...

Be-Mi-Kitties
http://bemikitties.com

http://adopt.bemikitties.com

FeLV Candlelight Service
http://bemikitties.com/cls

http://HostDesign4U.com

BMK Designs [non-profit animals websites]
http://bmk.bemikitties.com