Tonya,
Oh sweetie, it wasn't your fault!  Kittens can be so fragile and their mortality rate can seem so high.
I just found out Sunday what happened to 4 of the kittens I had at time of my accident.  I had a beautiful, long haired mama and her 5 kittens when I had my accident.  They all seemed healthy, tested negative for Felv and were doing great.Then, I go out & damn near kill myself leaving a houseful of babies and my ferals and an orphaned bunny I rescued.
Thank heavens Dennis was aware that the mama and her babies needed special attention and called one of my friends to come get them.  And, she did, right away.
Well, I am just able to figure out "how" to dial a phone, so I called her over the weekend.  She did not want to add to my down mood, but after me not giving up, told me that 4 of the babies died! (Mama and surviving kitten just got a clean bill of health from vet.  But, even after necropsy on one of the babies, the vet had NO answer!)
Death happens, that is a sad fact.
At least Grayson knew true love when he passed.
Hugs,
 Patti