Thanks to the two people who have responded so far! Thanks for the words of encouragement. I do have a question..both of my other cats had their booster shots as kittens...but, is this FELV vaccine something they should be getting every year?  I was told that since they are indoor cats, the only shots necessary were the first sets. Is that correct?  I am going crazy with worry.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Hi there,

I would not euthanize a cat because they tested positive, unless they
are very ill and suffering.

You may want to try finding a more enlightened vet.

I had a kitten come up light positive awhile ago. She was negative
the next time I had her tested. There are no guarantees this will
happen every time, but it does happen.

If your other cats are vaccinated it is very very unlikely they have
contracted it.

Other folks on this list have more experience and will probably be
more helpful to you, I just wanted to say welcome and give you some
hope.

Thanks,

Kelley