Hi  Belinda,  I like this version too.  I don't have a problem with your old version, but I've had to learn over the years to treat the average idiot with kid gloves.  (not real kid leather. no leather. lol)

I have a couple of offerings for you to consider on this letter in red.  First I would put the 3rd and 4th paragraphs before the 2nd.

Belinda <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Here is the revised version, thank you for your help!!

Belinda here, I admin the ads, and there are no "Free To Good Home"
ads allowed, none is the same as FREE. This is very dangerous for the
cat as there are all kinds of lunatics out there that many people are not aware of.
  You must be very cautious and very carefully check out anyone who expresses an interest in your cat.

Some people obtain free cats to train pit bulls to fight, and they are
killed in a very violent and gruesome manner by these vicious animals.
Then there are people who feed them to snakes as meals (some large
exotic snakes require live food). There are crazy people who obtain
free animals solely to abuse them. Others, referred to as "bunchers",
buy them to make money by selling them to labs, where they are
ultimately destroyed after enduring some horrific treatment. These
bunchers get anywhere from $30 to $100 dollars a pet from these labs.

Giving an animal away FREE is very dangerous for that animal and I
personally would rather euthanise a pet than take a chance that they
could end up in a horrible situation.

I get emails every single day about some poor pet that has endured
horrible things until they finally died or were killed. I have even
been told by some of my rescues how a whole family will come to look at
an adoptee making them appear quite normal, only to find out later the
pet was tortured again and again until it finally died or was killed.
Please, please be very, very careful who you hand this cat over to, he
is depending on you to make sure he is safe when he goes to his new
home!! Thank you.

I'm not saying this to be mean, believe me I know these kinds of things
happen a hundred times a day to innocent animals. I've changed your ad
to read negotiable.  Please contact me for more information about screening a prospective adoptor for your cat if you wish.

These links provide more information about just how dangerous free ads can be for your
cat:

http://www.theanimalspirit.com/adopt.html

http://www.petrescue.com/library/free-pet.htm

http://www.parrett.net/animalaid/free.html

I belong to a group of people who are all owned by FeLV+, most if not
all have other cats who are negative. Some let their cats mix some
don't, it's a personal preference thing.

I personally had 6 cats, my Bailey was my positive, he was + at 5 months
of age. I just lost him last month to anemia at 11 years of age, he
wasn't sick for all of those years. I just lost him in May after a 5
month illness to what turned out to be cancer. He lived, ate, slept,
played with, groomed and on occasion had spats with all his vaccinated,
negative housemates for all those years and nobody ever got it from
him. It is almost impossible for a healthy, adult cat to get it from a
positive and if they ever did the healthy adult cats immune system would
fight it off.

The bottom line is felv isn't as contagious as most vets would have you
believe. I would encourage you to join our group and find out about the many members who mix positive and negative cats who live for years with no problems and no transmission of disease.  You can do that
here:

Please feel free to contact me anytime.

--

Belinda
happiness is being owned by cats ...

Be-Mi-Kitties
http://bemikitties.com

http://adopt.bemikitties.com

FeLV Candlelight Service
http://bemikitties.com/cls

http://HostDesign4U.com

BMK Designs [non-profit animals websites]
http://bmk.bemikitties.com