Hi Phaewryn
   Munch and Jett along with CJ, and 2 others that tested neg but that were so highly exposed
that they would have been put down anyway, that have been here for 18 months or more are
still perfectly healthy.. I have thought of having them retested and see if they can be in that
group that was able to throw off the bug...
But until a few weeks ago I would have included Leo in that well group.. He was here for 18 months..
Leo had lost a lot of weight when he got sick but I was supprised that he had weighed 1/2 pound less
when I 1st got him... As I remember the 4 of the 6 AW cats that I lost in the 1st 6 months were also
starving but Munch and Jett were at a good weight... Makes one wonder if its tied to what ever food
they were forced to eat to survive on that starts a cancer growing...

The new science is looking at genetically modifying the immune system so that it will attack
the cancer cells... Maybe there is an answer there and maybe they will use FeLV+ cats for their
lead tests which might be a good thing...
Tad

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Tad, I'm so sorry to hear you lost Little Leo. Was he FELV+? How are Munch and the rest doing?

Phaewryn

Please adopt a cat from Little Cheetah Cat Rescue!!! http://ucat.us/adopt.html
Low cost Spay&Neuter services in VT, and Emergency Financial Assistance for cat owners:
http://ucat.us/VermontLowCost.html
Special Needs Cat Resources: http://ucat.us/domesticcatlinks.html
The Sofa Poem: http://ucat.us/sofapoem.html
Please shop online through i-give and support the Feline Veterinary Emergency Assistance Program:
http://www.igive.com/FVEAP
Shop at GREAT stores, like Drs. Foster & Smith, Pet Food Direct, Musician's Friend, and LOTS more!
It doesn't cost you a single penny more, and it makes so much difference to a sick cat in need!

No virus found in this outgoing message. Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.1.405 / Virus Database: 268.11.7/436 - Release Date: 9/1/2006