Barb,
It's the worst to know they're out there, to know they're receptive to human attention, but to not be able to just go over and scoop them up and give them aid! Could you tell what was causing the limp? At least she wasn't dragging it. I had a feral start limping one day, of course I was beside myself with worry for him. Those of us who care for the "wild" ones know that any infirmity can be very dangerous. I spoke to an AC about him and she told me he had a burr stuck in his paw pad. Sure enough, I watched the next night as he chewed on the underside of his foot trying to extricate it. Within a couple of nights his limp had disappeared. I'm praying that's what's going on with your little Lady friend.

I'm not clear on the location you spotted her. Is the parking area near the school, or your home? Is there any way to try and trap her? If you start putting out food do you think she might go into a regular trap? I've come to swear by drop traps for the hard to get guys. They work like magic. You might remember my sad story about Ceasar. I tried forever to get him, but no matter what I tried, he was too wily. When he was so disparately ill, I borrowed a drop trap and had him within 10 minutes! I'm sure you are as overwhelmed as the rest of us with your rescue efforts, but is there any way to visit that spot at the same time each night? These situations haunt me too. The only way I can let go of them is when I know I've done everything I can think of to help.

Please let us know if there are any further developments with Lady. You are both in my prayers,
Nina

Barb Moermond wrote:

Belinda,
Could Little Lady be added to the prayer list? When I got home from class last night there was a pretty little white and buff kitty sitting in the grassy median between the parking lot sections and she wouldn't let me near her, but she sat about 20' away and we had a conversation for several minutes - I can do meows and chirps very well as Bandit and I have little talks too. She was very attentive when I chirped, but she was clearly not letting me near her - she walked away with a pronounced limp and I was sad all night - but we can only do what they let us do, if that much....
Thanks a bunch