Kerry in all fairness, cats that get HL after only a day or two of not eating anything probably haven't been eating well for a few days and it wasn't noticed until they stopped eating. Unless you weigh your kitties regularly most people aren't going to notice that their cat isn't eating as good right away, especially if you have a multi-cat household. I weigh the cats I know don't eat as good as the others about once a week and keep a close eye on the rest just because I've had to deal with HL before.
this one say's not eating for 3 days, but I know of cats that it took less time

--

Belinda
happiness is being owned by cats ...

Be-Mi-Kitties
http://bemikitties.com

http://adopt.bemikitties.com

FeLV Candlelight Service
http://bemikitties.com/cls

http://HostDesign4U.com

BMK Designs [non-profit animals websites]
http://bmk.bemikitties.com