Oh, it's absolutely logical.  We live with 5 cats, and there's one litterbox that gets used more than others in the back hall.  When I get home I get whacked with pee smell because the landing it's on is at nose level when you come in the door.  Makes me worry that the rest of the place smells that bad and we just don't notice.  And the thing about smokers is absolutely true.  They seldom know that they reek. ;-)

Diane R.

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Gina WN
Sent: Thursday, November 09, 2006 3:29 PM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Re: OT Help, I am so embarrassed

I don't know if that is logical, but I mean I think we can become desensitized to a scent after a time.

Gina WN <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I liken the problem of noticing the odor to cigarette smoke in clothes.  My mom doesn't notice her clothes smell like it; but I do, as I don't smoke and she does.

Gina

Susan Loesch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Yes, you could -- and I know that from experience.   Thank goodness, finally my best friend told me the truth about this.  I, too, was SO embarassed - I sure couldn't smell it myself.  Apparently we get used to the smell and can't notice it.    You can get those plastic clothes storage bags and put things in your closet in them - I think that helps.  I have been dealing with this for a few years and I don't honestly know that I have the complete solution.  I am anxious to hear what everyone else on the list says.   Sometimes what I do is put clean clothes in the dryer with fabric softner sheets -- SCENTED ONES ! -- before I put them on.   And use perfume.  Maybe someone has a better solution.

Kelley Saveika <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
My supervisor just called me in for a meeting and apparently people have been complaining that I smell like cat urine.

I do have some sprayers.  I wash my clothes with Oxyclean and I bathe every day, of course.  I have only smelled cat urine on myself once and then I was aware of it.

Could I smell bad and not know it?

http://astore.amazon.com/rescuties-20

Visit my Tigger Tales site!

See my cats' gallery at Zazzle

Visit my Tigger Tales site!

See my cats' gallery at Zazzle

This electronic mail transmission and any attachments are confidential and may be privileged.
They should be read or retained only by the intended recipient.  If you have received this
transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the transmission from
your system.  In addition, in order to comply with Treasury Circular 230, we are required to
inform you that unless we have specifically stated to the contrary in writing, any advice we
provide in this email or any attachment concerning federal tax issues or submissions is not
intended or written to be used, and cannot be used, to avoid federal tax penalties.