On 11/11/06, catatonya <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I think the key here is that the cats were Not vaccinated. All bets are off if you're mixing positives with non vaccinated cats.

Gary Murphy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Just to be devil's advocate here, I have read of at least one list member who had 3 of 6 healthy, adult, unvaccinated cats contract Felv after they had long term exposure to a false negative cat.  One made it, two didn't.  This does not seem to be the experience of most of the members on this list, but you should know that it can happen.  Like Nina said, it comes down to a personal decision of risk vs. benefit.  In my house, our positive kitten had already spent his first 3-4 months with his negative siblings, we vaccinated the negs (PureVax, adjuvant-free) and our adult cat and let them mix.  So far, so good...

Best wishes,
Beth

--
Spay & Neuter Your Neighbors!