Dianne,
First of all -- welcome!  You won't find a nicer, smarter group of people
anywhere.  We're glad you are here!

Second - take a deep breath.  FeVL+ is not always a death sentence.  Euthanasia
is standard operating procedures in some vet circles.   Same thing happened to
me last May when I took Mama Kitty in to the vet.  She had lost a lot of weight
and was so scary thin.  She was extremely lethargic and not eating.  Vet said
she tested positive for FeVL and was very anemic and recommended putting her to
sleep.  I got big tears in my eyes and said - well I'm just not ready to say
goodbye.  He put Mama Kitty on antibiotics and gave her a steroid shot and put
her on pet tinic (which she despises, but that's another story)

That's when I became a google fiend and found this group.  I read everything I
could find and I decided to try Acemannan.  My vet had never heard of it but
said he would be willing to try it.  He found out the protocols and procedures
and I supplied him with a distributor.  He got it within two days.  It's a bit
expensive..it was $300 for 5 shots - given once a week in the tummy...but to
us, it was worth every penny.

Within a few days, Mama Kitty began to get her appetite back.  She visibly felt
better.  By the time she had her second and third shots - her coat was looking
better and she was beginning to gain weight.  By the fifth shot - she was
playing with her toys!  She has continued to improve and has for all practical
purposes reverted to kittenhood.  My neighbors have commented on the remarkable
difference.

I don't want to give you false hope.  FeVL is an evil disease.  Most of the
cats who perish from it do so not because of the feline leukemia itself, but
because their immune system is so weakened, they are more prone to infection
and other diseases.  There ARE treatments available, however, and people on
this list have tried a number of things with success.  Some cats live many,
many years after testing positive.  Most important is to start your baby on a
good healthy diet and keep her stress-free...give her lots of love and remember
that every day is precious.

Third, love and prayers to you and your baby.  What's kitty's name?  How old is
he/she?

elizabeth

In a message dated 11/23/06 08:32:02 Central Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED]