At 09:35 AM 11/27/2006, you wrote:

I totally agree, as I go there often and have been a member for 8 years, Actually I am attending the weeks course on starting a shelter in April, but I see so many local groups really struggling, and they are my back yard, and they are desperate for help. We almost pruchased 2 acres in the Vermillion cliffs area, it is outside the city of Kanab about 2 miles east, Many employees live there, I have also volunteered at their adoptions in Burbank,It is a place to catch your breath.

Kelly l

Best Friends does support local groups also with the
funds they receive.  Last year their total revenue was
a little over $30 million.  They spent almost $10
million on sanctuary maintenance, but $5 million on
programs and outreach and a little over $2.5 million
on rescue.  They have partner groups in many cities
that they support, one of which came out to tnr (?) a
feral colony my elderly grandmother was feeding in
North Carolina after I called Best Friends for help a
few years ago.  I think Best Friends is a fabulous
organization, one worth donating to.

:)
Wendy

<http://www.bestfriends.org>http://www.bestfriends.org