I think that you have the perfect attitude, actually.  And I am sorry  for
all you have been through.  We have lost 9 animals in 5 years, plus a  human,
most after long illnesses, so truly understand what you are saying.   At this
point I freak out at the slightest sign of illness, fearing something
terminal.
 But we also have a sheep who had acute kidney failure from  copper poisoning
and they did not think she would make it, and she not only made  it but her
kidneys have come closer to normal values than they said was even  possible,
knock on wood.  And my dog Fern was given 2-6 months and lived 18  months with
her sarcoma.  So you really do never know.

I am glad you are not upset with me.  I was a bit tormented after I  sent the
email saying it is not curable, thinking maybe I should not have said  that.
But everything you said is right.  I always think treatment  that makes them
feel good and extends their life is worth it, and something to  be grateful
for, and just hope for as much time as possible.

Michelle

In a message dated 11/26/2006 10:38:26 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,