We have a Humane Society "no kill" shelter fairly close to me. Their policy for accepting owner relinquished animals is very strict, only the most "adoptable" animals are admitted to the program. Completely understandable. I heard a very disturbing report from a rescue friend of mine that some of the animals that are there too long, or are deemed unadoptable are sent to the pound for disposal. "No kill" is a highly debatable concept. There are worse things than death, like a life sentence of caged solitary confinement for aggressive animals that are not able to be socialized or rehabilitated. I don't know anything about the shelter in question and am coming to this thread late, but perhaps their standards of euthanasia are uncomfortably drastic because they are labeled "no kill" and are doing their best for the animals that have a better chance at finding a true forever home. Everyone in rescue has to face hard choices. Perhaps we don't have all the facts that would help us understand exactly what is motivating this policy. All we can do is put our hard earned knowledge out there and do our best to help it find the ears of those in need.
Blessings to all those in need, four leggers and two,
Nina

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
How can it be No Kill if it kills cats simply for testing positive for corona? That is not No Kill. I think the largest actual No Kill shelter is probably Best Friends in Utah, which has several thousand cats and dogs at a time and does not kill based on tests. Michelle In a message dated 12/13/2006 11:13:10 A.M. Eastern Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

    I may be wrong but I will make an educated guess....
    The shelter in question here is the largest No Kill shelter in the
    WORLD
    !!!!