On 12/13/06, Tad Burnett <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Kelley Saveika wrote:

 My rescue is no kill.  That doesn't mean that we accept every animal.  We
aren't responsible for the actions of the people whose cats or dogs we don't
take in.

But I bet if you did a follow up on the animals that you don't accept the
end result is death...

We do what we can to make sure it won't be, but we still do not hold
ourselves responsible for the actions of others.  If we did, we'd be even
crazier than we are now.

This rescue thing is sort of like religion... There are many ways to
believe.. On this list many of us
spend a lot of time and money to add a few months of quality life to FeLV+
cats life....
Others may choose to add years to a healthy cats life... Who is to say
which is right...
The shelter is doing great job at saving lives and Jeni is doing a great
job in finding adoptions
for them and they should be praised for their efforts not criticized for
not finding homes for all
of them.....

I haven't seen anyone criticizing this shelter for not finding homes for all
the animals.  The only criticism I have seen is for having crazy policies.
At least 80% of cats in a rescue/shelter situation will have been exposed to
corona virus, so if this shelter is in fact euthanizing all cats that have
been exposed to it, they are euthanizing 8 out of 10 cats for having been
exposed to something that is in the vast, vast majority of cases, completely
harmless.

--

<http://astore.amazon.com/rescuties-20>

http://astore.amazon.com/rescuties-20