Whitey just got his first home bath (they washed his butt once at the vet
hospital), I just changed out of my water soaked clothes (he was the third
in line, and the first one was not a happy camper). He was amazing. I sat
him in the sink, and we had a little talk about how this wasn't going to
hurt him, and that it was ok. Then I said "now I'm going to turn the water
on, just a little, see? that's ok, you're alright" and I turned it up
slowly, and I got his back feet wet, and reassured him that it's ok with
lots of "oh you're such a good boy, oh so good!" and I began to work up his
body, talking the whole time about how easy this is and how good he is, and
we added the shampoo, at which point we had a discussion about how this
makes him feel like a cat again "Now we put some shampoo on, oh yes, isn't
that nice, you're such a good boy. You'll feel like a cat again, you want to
be a cat, right? Because right now you're all dirty like a dog, you don't
want to be like a dog, you want to be a handsome cat, you're going to be so
handsome, such a pretty boy!" and he sat there for about half the bath, at
which point I needed to wash his butt (that he was sitting on), so I said,
"Ok, now if you just stand up and put your paws up here (on the edge of the
sink), we can wash that booty, and make you smell all nice!" and at that
point, he slumped down and laid down on his side in the sink and let me wash
his butt! I thought maybe I'd killed him (heart attack), but his eyes were
blinking. He was completely docile, not a single claw came out the entire
time, no growls, no howls, nothing. To say I am amazed is putting it
lightly. He is an amazing cat. (and now I don't have to worry about his
neuter incision getting infected from all the poo) I wish I would have still
had the camera for pictures, but I had to return it to my boss.

Phaewryn

Don't Lose Your Pet! Register at AWOLpet.com: http://AWOLPet.com (use
referral code: LittleCheetah)
Whitey's Story: http://ucat.us/Whitey.html