*Michelle, I looked up a few things and found this on *
http://cats.about.com/library/howto/httaketemp.htm:
*Tips:*

  1. This project will be much easier if you have someone to hold the
  cat and pet it while you lift her tail and insert the thermometer.
  2. A temperature of 105°F is a dangerous level and your cat should be
  seen by a veterinarian immediately. If it's between 103°F and 104.5°F,
  you should call your veterinarian for advice.
  3. A digital thermometer will be easier to read, and will beep when
  ready to be read.

 I got home and Lucy felt warm. I took her temp about 20 minutes ago and
it was 105.7.  I gave her doxicycline (she has been on amoxi) and fluids
(150 ml) and put some ice under her paws. I took her temp again and it was
105.6.  I am trying to figure out whether to take her to the ER or not.
At what point do fevers get dangerous? Should I take her?

Thanks,
Michelle

--
Leslie     =^..^=

To leave the world a better place - whether by a healthy child, a garden
patch, or an improved social condition - that is to have succeeded.  That
only one life breathed easier because you lived - that is success.
---Ralph Waldo Emerson