Do volunteer work at a shelter --- is a great response.

Gloria

At 10:41 AM 1/17/2007, you wrote:
At 08:37 AM 1/17/2007, you wrote:

STRANGE INDEED. I would find out where this person got rid of the cat and if it was the SPCA should never be adopted out ot, My response would be
Please take that love and go volunteer at the shelter .
Kelly lane

This is an email I got. I've been thinking about how to respond for a while and still can't figure it out.

<i>Hi,

This may seem odd, but I figured you guys would
probably know best.  I want to be a cat owner.  I'm
27, a professional with no life in sight, and I love
cats.  I grew up with cats, back on my parents ranch,
and simply adore them.  I'd adopt one without any
hesitation except for one problem.

I adopted a cat before, and had to take him back to
the rescue shelter I got him from.  After almost 2
years with him it was very heart breaking, but I had
lost my job, and the Bay Area of California is a
fairly unforgiving place economically.  My only close
friend (we both moved there from Boerne, TX) said I
could live with him and his girlfriend, but that I
couldn't bring my cat.  It still brings tears to my
eyes when I think about him, as I truly did love him.
I couldn't provide for him and had to give him up.  I
like to think that he's somewhere warm and nice, and
that his new owners give him as much love and care as
I did.  My mother, who is a fanatical cat lover,
almost disowned me, and will still cry about it.

Anyway, as I've said, I'm alone, and want to adopt a
cat to have someone to love, basically.  I just don't
know if that's a valid/healthy/good reason to want to
adopt and figured I'd ask some professionals.</i>

<http://www.rescuties.org/>http://www.rescuties.org

<http://astore.amazon.com/rescuties-20>http://astore.amazon.com/rescuties-20