Can you have the run the blood type with the existing sample - so that
you know what it is - I did that with Ayumi just in case she needed
transfusions.

  _____

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, January 19, 2007 1:08 PM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Re: Lucy--what to do?

Her HCT was 18 when last tested night before last. They generally only
transfuse cats if it gets down to 13 or below.  I think part of the
reason is the potential reaction to the transfusion (they can have an
allergic reaction) and part of the reason is a general shortage of cat
blood so they wait until it is really critical.  Simon had 3
transfusions before his chemo kicked in and brought his HCT back up, but
each time they would not do it until he was 13 or below.

Michelle

In a message dated 1/19/2007 2:47:53 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,