I do have a/d and appetite stims, but she can't handle the appetite stims
(periactin makes her a zomby and does not make her eat). Good news though--
Gray
 bought her some dry i/d and she got all excited and has eaten a bunch of it
several times. At this point I think she has had at least one meal's worth
today, maybe more.  One time I was putting some in a bowl to offer her  more,
and she jumped off her box and trotted over to eat it on her own.   Then the
fever came back, though, so I have her on ice packs again.

I believe in dex as well. I will see what the hospital has to say tomorrow
re: the tests they ran. Problem with steroids is not just infection, but that
her heart is enlarged and has a murmer now, and steroids apparently can make
that worse.  But the enlarged heart and murmer apparently could be from
dealing with anemia over 'time, so maybe if dex helped the anemia it would help

rather than hurt her heart. I don't know. Unless she has cancer, I doubt I will

get any dex from the hospital-- they are very by the book. I am already
working  on my local vet to try it with her if the hospital's test results are
inconclusive.

Kerry, do you have any dex left from bandy? I prefer dex shots, which I
assume you don't have, but if my local vet won't give me shots, maybe pills
would
help.

And thank you for telling me (reminding me, actually, I do remember now)
what it is you meant by panicking and things going wrong.  I know it is  hard
talk about. But it does help me. I am constantly trying to decide  whether to
bring her in, and just don't want to. Your conviction that this is ok  gives
me some strength to hold off.

Thanks,
Michelle

In a message dated 1/19/2007 6:15:53 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,