Hi Michelle

My prayers are with you for your sweet Lucy. I had a cat many years ago die
supposedly of FIP in the early seventies. He was a wonderful tabby and white
cat named Bud. He died while I was away at school. My parents were waiting
for me to come home that weekend so I could see him. He went off that same
week. Although the diagnosis was a guess based on symptomolgy. I do know
antibiotics did not help him. It is a shame after all these years there is
still not much they can do.

Prayer can work miracles and I am an example of that. I am fully recovered
from an autoimmune disease I had in the mid 70's called dermatomyositis. I
find out 22 years after I was first diagnosed that most people with this
disease stay on medication all their lives. I was able to wean myself off
the prednisone in 4 years. I honestly though my result was normal. I find
out that maybe 5% recover to the extent that I did.This disease almost
killed me. The treatment for the disease today is basically the same as 30
years ago. I am in remission according to the doctors at NIH. I will pray
for you to have strength as well.

Love

Sally

 Well, the internist thinks Lucy has FIP. Despite the abdominal effusion,
she thinks it is dry FIP because the fluid does not look like FIP fluid, and
that the fluid is resulting from the effects of FIP on other organs.  She
thinks it's FIP because of something that was found in the biopsy of the
lymph node, I can't remember what it is called but something like granular
something, or granulitis, or granuloma, which goes with FIP and not with
most other kinds of inflammation. Other possibilities are infection
somewhere, the effects of her IBD inflammation, or pancreatitis, but she
said that the lymph node being the way it is normally goes only with FIP so
she really thinks it is that.  I am of course very distressed by this. She
said she could do exploratory surgery to diagnose better, but I do not see
the point since FIP is not treatable. I want instead to try to treat for the
other things it could be. So a broad spectrum antibiotic with anearobic
properties (she said clavamox or clindamycin-- any ideas which i should do,
I have both?). And up her steroids for IBD/pancreatitis.  And perhaps switch
her diet to a novel protein diet if there  is one that would also be ok for
pancreatitis.  And she is on feline interferon and I would like to get
acemannan, and then monitor her HCT and if it goes too low try epogen.

any thoughts? Has anyone actually had an internist, rather than a primary
care vet, say FIP when it was not?

distressed,
michelle

--
Junior needs your help with his care fighting Feline Leukemia. Our story
www.geocities.com/dmyllas/sally_page.html