She's a beautiful cat....thinking of you and Missy.

From: Nina <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Re: OT - Please pray for Missy
Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2007 19:59:10 -0800

Kelley,
Did the vet mention anything about the possibility of surgery helping Missy? I don't know anything about CHF, but the diagnosis you've outlined sounds an awful lot like what my ex-husband heard when he adopted a little stray kitten. He opted for surgery and she came through with flying colors. I guess it's becoming more and more common to do surgery on cats with heart problems. It was quite costly, but his little girl is about a year old now with no further problems. Others on the list have mentioned a group for cats with heart ailments, have you joined one yet?

Of course Missy is in my prayers and thoughts. You know how I feel about that little darling of yours,
Nina

Kelley Saveika wrote:
Please pray or send healing thoughts to Missy, or whatever your personal beliefs allow.
 She went to the cardiologist today.  Here is her diagnosis:
 Diagnosis: Congenital heart disease. Missy has a large atrial septal
defect/ventricular septal defect (8 mm) a hole in the lower atrial
septal and upper ventricular septal wall where the chambers join which
allows blood to shunt right to left and left to right in the heart.
Her heart chambers are dialated and her pulmonary artery and veins are
dilated. Her right ventricular wall is mildly thickened. The defects
can lead to congenital heart disease (CHF) with fluid retention in the
lungs, chest cavity and/or abdomen. Therefore I would recommend
starting her on a low dose of furosemide.

She called in a prescription of furosemide 10 mg/ml .3 mg once daily.
  Here is Missy's picture, for those who haven't seen it.
 http://www.moonvine.net/missy

http://www.rescuties.org <http://www.rescuties.org>

http://astore.amazon.com/rescuties-20

http://ideas.live.com/programpage.aspx?versionid=b2456790-90e6-4d28-9219-5d7207d94d45&mkt=en-ca