That's a great background story, Susan. Thanks to you and then Gloria,
these little souls got lucky for the rest of their all-too-short lives.
-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Susan Loesch
Sent: Friday, February 09, 2007 1:21 PM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Re: add sweet Houston to the CLS 2/8/2007

Houston and Dallas both were wonderful.  I'll never forget trapping
them.  Dallas got into the first trap - this fluffy little gray and
white ball.  Then I waited...and waited and waited.   Houston would come
closer and go away - come closer, then back to the edge of the woods.  I
was trapping with mackerel and his appetite- thank goodness - finally
got the best of him!   Got them both in one day.  I was sure that Dallas
was going to be the first to tame down and that Houston would stay a
"wild man" -- but Houston tamed first and best - he was beautiful, so
sleek and black.  They were lucky enough to get to live with Gloria and
I got to see them often.  Dallas was right there across the bridge ready
to meet Houston, as was my Leader.  How wonderful to think of all three
as free and healthy and happy!

TenHouseCats <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

        aw, gloria, i'm sorry.

        GLOW to guide houston to his new place at the bridge, and to
heal your heart.

        MC

        On 2/9/07, Gloria Lane wrote:
        > My sweet Houston died last night. He came to me from Susan,
who
        > worked hard to trap him and bubba Dallas out west of Little
Rock.
        > Houston and Dallas tested positive for FELV. They were just
babies,
        > and Dallas was a wormy kitten back then. That was Spring 2004.
They
        > grew up healthy happy cats, at least up until the last couple
of
        > weeks of their lives.
        >
        > Dallas died in September 2006, of mediastinal lymphoma. His
bubba
        > Houston just now joined him last night; he died quietly, was
anemic,
        > and Susan came over to see him before his passing. They both
died
        > after missing some time on their daily interferon, don't know
for
        > sure if that's connected, but I do think it is.
        >
        > They were both sweet loving kitties, playful, mischievous,
just
        > wonderful. I'm glad to have known them; I'll miss them.
They'll be
        > in good company - Leader, Mittens, Calawalla Banana Booboo,
Mr. Black

        --
        Spay & Neuter Your Neighbors!
        Maybe That'll Make The Difference....

        MaryChristine

        AIM / YAHOO: TenHouseCats
        MSN: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
        ICQ: 289856892

IRS CIRCULAR 230 NOTICE. Any advice expressed above as to tax matters was
neither written nor intended by the sender or Mayer, Brown, Rowe & Maw LLP to
be used and cannot be used by any taxpayer for the purpose of avoiding tax
penalties that may be imposed under U.S. tax law. If any person uses or refers
to any such tax advice in promoting, marketing or recommending a partnership or
other entity, investment plan or arrangement to any taxpayer, then (i) the
advice was written to support the promotion or marketing (by a person other
than Mayer, Brown, Rowe & Maw LLP) of that transaction or matter, and (ii) such
taxpayers should seek advice based on the taxpayers particular circumstances
from an independent tax advisor.