At 06:37 PM 2/26/2007, you wrote:

Being a proud mama of FELV. FIV and many other cats and an OB nurse....I think you need to treat your FELV cat the way you would treat any other, have someone else clean the litter box,,,,,, remember that TOXOPlasmosis can be gotten from a variety of sources and good good hygeine and hand washing is always recommended, and of course talk to your doctor,,but we have a great neonatologist I discussed this with, She laughed as she recalled one of her patients family members asking the doctor to tell the patient to get rid of the cat.
The doctor said NO!!!!!
Kelly

Hi,
I have a 1 1/2 year old kitty who has FeLV and is persistently veremic. He is healthy and happy and was recently rescued. I am also in my second trimester of pregnancy. I have read on certain websites that pregnant women should not have FeLV+ cats. I'm wondering if anyone has any more information about this. I have read that FeLV+ cats can have episodes of reactivated toxoplasmosis and I am wondering if this is true (I am finding conflicting info). Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much.
Jodie

The best gets better. See why everyone is raving about the <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=40705/*http://mrd.mail.yahoo.com/try_beta?.intl=ca>All-new Yahoo! Mail.
Checked by AVG Free Edition.