At 06:29 PM 2/26/2007, you wrote:

Oh I totally understand. The FELV vaccine is one I hate to use. I have had very healthy negative cats have horrible reactions to it. I dread using it, and I make sure I have the necessary meds incase they do have a reaction. and with an immune compromised cat it could be worse i agree. I would not feel comfortable mixing a known positive with non vaccinated negatives and if finances was an issue as the test can be expensive I would error on the side of caution,
We just do the best we can and weight the potential outcomes.
Kelly

the main reason I don't like to vaccinate positives is I had one cat that was very healthy despite the FeLV+ status and the vet accidently gave him the vaccine, he went down hill immediately and then died....NOW, I doubt there was a connection, but..... it was my vets who said don't vaccinate the positives and this was an honest mix up (I have many cats and brought them en mass for vaccines...)

so if I know they are positive, I don't vaccinate.

Tracy
Checked by AVG Free Edition.