-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of elizabeth
trent
Sent: Tuesday, March 20, 2007 9:18 AM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Mama Kitty

I'm worried about Mama Kitty this morning.

She was diagnosed almost a year ago - and rebounded very well with
Acemannan.  She's had a wonderful year, is at a healthy weight, and had
practically reverted to kittenhood!

I noticed last night though that she didn't seem to be eating.  This
morning she just seemed very lethargic to me - almost like a rag doll in
my arms.  When I let her outside - she went straight to some red clay
dirt I recently dug and was eating that.  Seems like I read here on the
list that this is called 'Pica'.  My first thought was that red clay
contains a lot of iron and so perhaps she was trying to get a nutrient
she needed.  She ate some grass too.  She really started to stress when
I tried to look at her gums and so I didn't push it.  I suspect she may
be beginning to get anemic though...I just have a feeling.

Last time she crashed (when she was first diagnosed) - that nictating
membrane was showing in her eyes and she had lost a good bit of weight
(down to 7lbs).  Her eyes look good now - she just seems sleepy - and
her weight seems good from what I can tell.  It could be that she is
just fighting a URI or some kind of infection.  It's so much harder for
them to fight off these things when they have FeVL+.

I got her to eat a couple of bites of food before I left for work.  I
put her in her favorite chair before I left too because as lethargic as
she seems, she would hardly be able to defend herself if a big dog came
by and wanted to harrass her.

Called the vet a bit ago and they will see her at 4pm.  Maybe I am just
being paranoid but with this disease I'm not taking any chances.  Please
send prayers and good vibes our way.

elizabeth and mama kitty

IRS CIRCULAR 230 NOTICE. Any advice expressed above as to tax matters was
neither written nor intended by the sender or Mayer, Brown, Rowe & Maw LLP to
be used and cannot be used by any taxpayer for the purpose of avoiding tax
penalties that may be imposed under U.S. tax law. If any person uses or refers
to any such tax advice in promoting, marketing or recommending a partnership or
other entity, investment plan or arrangement to any taxpayer, then (i) the
advice was written to support the promotion or marketing (by a person other
than Mayer, Brown, Rowe & Maw LLP) of that transaction or matter, and (ii) such
taxpayers should seek advice based on the taxpayers' particular circumstances
from an independent tax advisor.