I've never had or dealt w/ [that I can remember now anyway.....] a cat w/
this disease...
But I DO remember when my first Rottie was diagnosed with it......
What had me concerned was his lethargy, not common for him.  Just  laying
around, sleeping alot.
So, I took him to my vet.  Was devastated when I got  results!!!  Mind you, I
WAS thinking positive, after all, he was my  baby.
It's a nasty disease...... (Very prevalent for his breed as I learned doing
my research)
We tried everything as it progressed....... PCV's every three days,
transfusions, epoeitin [sp?], an oncologist, chemo (THREE diff.
prescriptions!),
etc., etc.........
Needless to say, and I'm sorry, but after TOO long, I finally had my boy
PTS......
He could no longer walk, even get up.  And, the chemo drugs made him  so
sick..... He couldn't even eat on his own, something he LOVED to do!!!   I
ended
up "hand-feeding" him.  He developed ulcerations in his mouth  because of all
he had to take. It got to the point where I was  hand-feeding him a diet of
cottage cheese!!!! (NOT a great diet for a big  boy......) In the end, my
"former" big boy weighed only around 60 lbs. (And I do  remember my vet always
getting on me about his weight....)
It broke my heart, but I'm even more heartbroken about all I put him
through.  I did it for me - I didn't want to lose him.  But, after all  I put
him
thru, I did lose him.  We humans can be so selfish.....
After losing Bear [in a HORRIBLE way- treatment was probably worse than the
disease!], I made a promise to ALL my babies, I would never let them suffer.
Found out, the hard way, that in loving the most important thing is  knowing
when to let go......
Sorry this wasn't about Feline AIHA, but I just had to share what I know
[sadly, only TOO well] about the disease.....
Best wishes for your baby.....
Hugs,
Patti & her gang (Which DOES include another Rottie!)