Well,

He was lethargic, but there are so many reasons for that.  Particularly with
an elder owner surrendered cat.  He was fine at first but went downhill.
That's common though....could be URI, I was afraid of fatty liver..but I
took him to the vet.  If I had known him well, I expect I would have taken
him sooner.

If he is not feeling well soon I expect I can make the decision to euthanize
him. Right now he can walk around, eat and drink on his own, though.  I
think he would like to try to fight.

 I've never had or dealt w/ [that I can remember now anyway.....] a cat w/
this disease...
But I DO remember when my first Rottie was diagnosed with it......
What had me concerned was his lethargy, not common for him.  Just laying
around, sleeping alot.
So, I took him to my vet.  Was devastated when I got results!!!  Mind you,
I WAS thinking positive, after all, he was my baby.
It's a nasty disease...... (Very prevalent for his breed as I learned
doing my research)
We tried everything as it progressed....... PCV's every three days,
transfusions, epoeitin [sp?], an oncologist, chemo (THREE diff.
prescriptions!), etc., etc.........
Needless to say, and I'm sorry, but after TOO long, I finally had my boy
PTS......
He could no longer walk, even get up.  And, the chemo drugs made him so
sick..... He couldn't even eat on his own, something he LOVED to do!!!  I
ended up "hand-feeding" him.  He developed ulcerations in his mouth because
of all he *had* to take. It got to the point where I was hand-feeding him
a diet of cottage cheese!!!! (NOT a great diet for a big boy......) In the
end, my "former" big boy weighed only around 60 lbs. (And I do remember my
vet always getting on me about his weight....)
It broke my heart, but I'm even more heartbroken about all I put him
through.  I did it for me - I didn't want to lose him.  But, after all I put
him thru, I did lose him.  We humans can be so selfish.....
After losing Bear [in a HORRIBLE way- treatment was probably worse than
the disease!], I made a promise to ALL my babies, I would never let them
suffer. Found out, the hard way, that in loving the most important thing is
*knowing* when to let go......
Sorry this wasn't about Feline AIHA, but I just had to share what I know
[sadly, only TOO well] about the disease.....
Best wishes for your baby.....
Hugs,
Patti & her gang (Which DOES include another Rottie!)

from AOL at *AOL.com* <http://www.aol.com/?ncid=AOLAOF00020000000339>.

http://www.rescuties.org

http://astore.amazon.com/rescuties-20