-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Marissa
Johnson
Sent: Monday, March 26, 2007 12:03 PM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Slinky - Sad News

Hi all.  Thank you so much for all the GLOW and well wishes.  Slinky and
I just got back from the vet (and a spin through the park).  I am sad to
report that his HCT has dropped to just over 5!  It was a little above 7
on Friday.  The vet didn't even want to give him the IR shot today
because she said his platlettes (sp?) are so low that when they stick
him in the vein he just bleeds.  She thought an IV injection would do
more harm than good.

She agrees with me that it's best to let him go.  She said she's never
seen a cat with HCT that low who was still awake and breathing ok
(which, amazingly, he is).  But she also indicated that as the RBC's
drop, his organs will shut down and things will just get worse.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure when this will happen.  I needed to bring
him home right now so I'd have some time to say goodbye and do some of
his favorite things.  But I have a HUUUUGE day at work tomorrow and am
not sure I'll get through it if I put him down tonight.  Tomorrow night
I have an evening meeting for work that I can't get out of!  So it might
have to be Wednesday.  I don't know...I'd just die if he gets worse
before then, but some things can't be rescheduled (I've already missed
several days of work to take care of him and be with him).

He's pretty much the same...still breathing fine, eating, drinking, and
using his box.  So I guess for now I'll just see how it goes.  They said
they'd fit me in any time.

Thanks again for all your support!  I will be getting another kitty
eventually (he is my only and my first as an adult!!)...but I don't
think I'm up for another FeLV pos.  I'm thinking maybe one who's missing
an eye or has a bad leg or is deaf or something.  Something that makes
them difficult to adopt but isn't life threatening...I just don't think
I can go through this again right now.

I hope all your furkids are well.  I'll let you know when I need to add
Slinky to the CLS.

Thanks!

MJ and Slinky

  _____

8:00? 8:25? 8:40? Find a flick
<http://tools.search.yahoo.com/shortcuts/?fr=oni_on_mail&#news>  in no
time
<http://tools.search.yahoo.com/shortcuts/?fr=oni_on_mail&#news>

IRS CIRCULAR 230 NOTICE. Any advice expressed above as to tax matters was
neither written nor intended by the sender or Mayer, Brown, Rowe & Maw LLP to
be used and cannot be used by any taxpayer for the purpose of avoiding tax
penalties that may be imposed under U.S. tax law. If any person uses or refers
to any such tax advice in promoting, marketing or recommending a partnership or
other entity, investment plan or arrangement to any taxpayer, then (i) the
advice was written to support the promotion or marketing (by a person other
than Mayer, Brown, Rowe & Maw LLP) of that transaction or matter, and (ii) such
taxpayers should seek advice based on the taxpayers particular circumstances
from an independent tax advisor.