He was 9 lbs at the vets a few days ago, it may be a few ounces higher but right in that ball park. They're scales aren't that reliable, each scale will give you a different weight so I will weigh him on mine, I have something that is my test object and always weights the same so I know mine is accurate. So that would be a minumum of 45mgs, wonder if I divided into 1/4 = 62.5 would be too strong? When he was getting clavamox he got 62.5mg twice a day. He is sleeping right now but I'll get his weight later today.

My thinking is when he was on the clavamox it cleared the infection up but they only had him on a 3 week course, so as soon as the clavamox was done within a week or so the infection came raging back. He is currently taking clindamycin until we see just what the culture says. If he goes back on the clavamox, when we run out per what the the vet prescribes, *I want to continue it for another month or so to make sure the infection is really gone!! *Will this cause any problems that anyone is aware of.

I don't think they realize he is older with health issues and needs a longer course of antibiotics to get over things, course if they did they wouldn't have gotten that extra now 800.00 out of me, guess someone has to pay for that new building!!

I do have a friend who has many special needs and sick cats and she has a few that have been on a low dose of antibiotics for a long, long time, it hasn't seemed to affect them adversely and when they don't get the antibiotics (I mean the fish mox) they don't eat and obviously don't feel well.

--

Belinda
happiness is being owned by cats ...

Be-Mi-Kitties
http://bemikitties.com

http://adopt.bemikitties.com

FeLV Candlelight Service
http://bemikitties.com/cls

http://HostDesign4U.com

BMK Designs [non-profit animals websites]
http://bmk.bemikitties.com