It would be unethical for a shelter. If they had been separate for a year and
retested Elisa and IFA I wouldn't feel obligated, although I personally still
would.

  Beth

wendy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  Hi Jeni,

Keep in mind that this is coming from a person who is
ignorant of shelter procedures, but if it were me and
I knew that kitty had tested negative twice over a
span of at least six months (meaning six months or
more between negative tests), then I would not
disclose the information as I would feel there is
nothing to disclose.

:)
Wendy

--- JENI RECA wrote:

> Hi,
> I was discussing feluk and feluk exposed cats and
> someone asked me this
> question and what would I do, I still am thinking of
> the answer, and was
> curious what other people would answer;
>
> question: feluk exposed cat 6 months, that was neg
> on ifa and elisa, but
> liter mate was postive on both tests, and then
> seperated, after being
> together for 6 months. would you feel that it was
> ethical to place the cat
> up for adoption with no mention of the cat being
> feluk exposed or do you
> feel it is your ethical duty to let the adopter know
> that it was exposed to
> feluk....(also take into consideration that the cat
> might be up for adoption
> a long time, since a lot of people shy away from
> feluk)
> and
> also if placing with a rescue, telling or not and
> also if telling they
> wouldn't take the cat?
>
> I was curious what other people would do...
> Thanks
> Jeni

> Exercise your brain! Try Flexicon.

http://games.msn.com/en/flexicon/default.htm?icid=flexicon_hmemailtaglinemarch07

world: Indeed it is the only thing that ever has!" ~~~ Margaret Meade ~~~

The fish are biting.

 with theYahoo! Search weather shortcut.