At 06:14 AM 4/3/2007, you wrote:

If your cats are adults and have received their vaccines there is no reason not to introduce her to your home, Many people here mix them and to my knowledge there has been no transmissions, I have one, And I had one for years that lived with my 28 other cats and none ever became positive, Kelly,,,,You can if you decide to do an adoption on your own if you want to ,,from your home

Hello All,

I’m new to this, so bear with me. Here’s my situation:

I live in rural Nebraska. Caring people are few and far between here when it comes to cats. I have just rescued a FeLV positive female. She’s young, so her chances of survival are not good for the long-term, but she could live a happy life, however short that may be. However, I have 3 FeLV negative cats in my home and not a large enough home to have separate areas for the positive/negative ones. Someday I plan to operate a FeLV shelter, but I just don’t have the money at this time.

If you have any ideas for me­any place I can take Cassidy (the FeLV cat), I would greatly appreciate it. I’m willing to drive almost any distance to save her. She’s at my vet’s office awaiting a decision. I’m contacting as many shelters as I can, but I really don't want to surrender her to a shelter because the quality of care in many is questionable, and her chances of adoption are slim anyway. I’ve posted her description at the adoption site on felineleukemia.org.

Right now, Cassidy is healthy except for some nerve damage which affects her right back paw. I’m going to pay for her spay, her shots, etc., (I didn’t mention that on the adoption site to prevent abuse), but I still need to find a home for her. Otherwise, I’ll have to put her down, but I just know there has to be a place that can save her.

Let me know if you have any options or advice for me.

Thank you very much for your time and your compassion!

Melissa
Checked by AVG Free Edition.