Wendy,meltdowns are normal for folks like us. :) I too still have them even
though Maizee has been gone now  17 months.I still agonize over her last
moments and if it should have been done differently.I too come here for comfort
every once and awhile.Take care.
  Sherry and my furry boys

wendy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  Hey guys,

Why is it that even a year and a half after Cricket's
passing, I can burst into tears after having
flashbacks of the night he died? To a logical person
(being me), it sounds ridiculous and overdramatic.
But the fact remains that when I allow myself to
remember what happened with Cricket the night he died,
and how horrible it was, it sends me straight into
meltdown. I am at work for heaven's sake. Usually,
when I think about Cricket, I don't think about that
one day in his life. But it seems so unfair that he
couldn't have a more peaceful death. I will never
forget his suffering, even knowing that he is now at
rest. Why do some people's/animal's last days of
their lives have to be filled with pain and suffering?
I just don't understand it. I think maybe all the
recent losses, and sadly there have been many, might
be bringing my memories back, but maybe that's a good
thing? Maybe we never really fully stop grieving, but
every little meltdown we have allows us to heal a
little more.

Thanks for letting me ramble about my lack of
understanding of the meaning of life.
:)
Wendy

world: Indeed it is the only thing that ever has!"
~~~ Margaret Meade ~~~

Get your own web address.

Don't pick lemons.
See all the new 2007 cars at Yahoo! Autos.