To: <felvtalk@felineleukemia.org>
Sent: Wednesday, April 04, 2007 10:26 AM
Subject: To Cassandra: Re: Tomi's red blood cell count going down,any suggestions?

Hey Cassandra,

Since the doxy is so important in treating the
hemobart, how long was Tomi on it?  It doesn't seem
like he's had enought time on the doxy, especially if
he did test positive for hemobart.

Here is a good article on treating hemobartonella, but
it says three weeks for the doxy.  I concur with
Phaewryn that the doxy might need to be given longer
to work with the surpressed immune system, but I can't
verify this over the Internet from the limited pages I
have seen.  All pages say three weeks.  Keep doing all
your supplements though, especially the lysine.  Make
sure your lysine has no additives, especially
propylene glycol, which causes blood issues in cats.

I don't have any advice on trying the Epogen (can't
remember the name you wrote; it was something
similar).  You might talk to an internal veterinarian
about this.

I know it's hard Cassandra to deal with this on a day
to day basis.  Just try to make every day you do have
the best so that you don't regret anything if Tomi
does leave you.  And take pictures.  They are
invaluable.  It sounds like you are doing everything
you can for Tomi.  I will pray for his regained
health, and for peace for you.

:)
Wendy

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world: Indeed it is the only thing that ever has!"

~~~ Margaret Meade ~~~