Hi Nan,
I took the liberty of changing the subject line of your post to better indicate what it's about. What a little love this girl sounds like! Poor angel on her own with no front claws trying to get into the safety a human's car. It makes me want to go and scoop her up myself, (I won't even mention that to Bruce or my overcrowded household).

Who has the cat right now? Has anyone posted flyers at the campground in case she accidently became lost from her people? Someone might be heartbroken and looking for her as I type this. Are you checking local papers for lost ads? Has someone posted a found ad in the paper near where the campgrounds are? They should also file a found report with the local animal shelter and ask if anyone has reported her missing to the shelter.

She does have a strike against her because she's black, (I personally love black cats), but she has quite a rescue story and that might help to find her a home. The very best to you and this sweet baby, please let us know what happens to her. Hey... Wasn't there just someone very nice on this list that was thinking about adopting a neg cat??? Who was that? Wasn't it Marissa?? Marissa, did you end up adopting more cats yet?? Nina

Nan Gelman wrote:
hi all, It has been a while since I have posted to this site, but I need some help is there anyone in southwest Michigan who would like to adopt a very sweet all black female sprayed kitty cat. This kitty was found in a camp grounds trying to get in to anyone's car that she could. She is about a year old sprayed and front declawed. She tested negative for both FELV and FIV She is very sweet and gentle. Please let me know asap. Thanks so much Nan