-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Kelley Saveika
Sent: Wednesday, April 18, 2007 8:42 AM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Re: update on Cassidy

Hi Melissa,

I recently started a rescue.  It is exhausting, expensive, and super
rewarding.  I studied about it for 6 months before I did it and still
make more than my share of mistakes.  If you want help, resources,
advice, etc I will be happy to share.

Kelley

On 4/18/07, Melissa Lind <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi Beth,
>

> No I'm not part of any rescue list. At the beginning of this month three
> rescues found me, and I couldn't turn them away. I wasn't out looking for
> cats, it just happened. It was a wonderful thing since I was kind of
feeling
> lost as to my purpose in life, and I've found my calling; however,
starting
> my own rescue/shelter will take some time and planning. I'm working on
> getting a better job. I teach on-line courses for high school kids for
> college credit. The pay is horrendous-I figured out that's it's less that
> minimum wage per hour that I work! I like the teaching, somewhat, but for
> the amount of time I put into it.
>

> If you know of any rescue transport resources, please let me know! I'd
hate
> to take money from people for gas, but if worse comes to worst, I could
> probably swallow my pride and do it. I'd have to pay you back, of course.
> Right now I'm working on paying off the vet bill. My husband makes a good
> amount of money, but he doesn't part with it easily for cat stuff. He
thinks
> I should be on my own with this. We're not rich by any means-we live
> paycheck to paycheck pretty much-but I think even though he's kind
hearted,
> if I turned on the waterworks for this, he'd still not be willing to give
> for the trip. I'll see what I can do between now and May 1st. I'll keep
> looking for transport funding on websites, etc.
>

> Thanks for your help-I know you probably have a lot of other things on
your
> mind right now with the loss of poor Stamp.
>

> Melissa
>

> ________________________________

But,
> [...]
> round trip. Plus, according to Map Quest, the drive is a little over 18
> hours! That'll mean lodging along the way and at the destination. Then
> lodging on the way home unless I can get someone to take turns
> driving/sleeping. I know! Maybe I'll just hitch a ride with a trucker!
> They're used to long days like that! (Just kidding of course).
>

> Then there's the fact that I still don't have his first IFA test results
> (just the Elisa). I'm so frustrated by my vet's office! I like my vet
quite
> a bit, but some of the helpers are a bunch of, pardon me, morons! I'm sure
> couldn't do they're jobs, but I know I could keep things straight. They
told
> me today that the lab work for Cassidy's IFA got lost in the mail, at the
> lab, somewhere. My guess is they forgot to send it, and now they need
> another sample. Who knows, but now we're really pushing the deadline for
his
> trip to Utah. They want him to come in on Monday since they won't send to
> the lab until next week anyway. I think that if they won't put a rush on
it
> (like tomorrow), then I'll just have to find a vet who will.
>

> Furthermore, I called this morning about my two rescues in the garage. One
> has the squirts, but I can't figure out which one. I can never catch them
in
> the act! I wanted to know what I should do, and I also called to get
> Bandit's Prozac refilled. Okay, the receptionist takes down the info, and
> says they'll call back.
>

> So, I finally get a call back late in the afternoon (I had called early in
> the morning). The message they left was something about Bandit needing
blood
> drawn again (but Cassidy's the one who actually needs it), and the rest of
> the message said that the food I wanted would be there in the morning.
> What?!?! I didn't ask for food; Cassidy needs the blood work; what about
the
> diarrhea?; what about the Prozac? Grrrr! Sorry I'm ranting, but seriously!
> So, I called back and politely explained the real situation. Sometimes one
> of the workers there (or several) just seem like complete space-cadets! I
> know we all have off days, but they seem to more than most. If I didn't
like
> my vet so much.well, I suppose there are other likeable vets around.I just
> hate to travel too far since the car ride is usually traumatizing enough.
>

> Thanks for listening to me complain. I needed to vent. I know many of you
> are going through much worse situations and are dealing with a lot of
> sadness, so I'm sorry if my complaints seem trivial!
>

> I'm still not sure what I'll do with Cassidy. I'm just hoping his IFA
comes
> back negative, but I know that's not going to happen. But, he's so healthy
> now, I just hope he has a wonderfully, long life.

http://www.rescuties.org

http://astore.amazon.com/rescuties-20

Please help Joey!
http://rescuties.chipin.com/joey-autoimmune-hemolytic-anemia