Bad news.Cassidy's IFA came back positive. I was kind of hoping that the
Elisa was wrong, but no such luck. I'm still waiting to hear back from Best
Friends as to when they want him for sure. It's kind of frustrating since I
haven't heard from them in a while even though I've sent several emails. I
know they're busy, but I'm just worried they gave up Cassidy's spot since I
was being troublesome! :-)

Scary thing yesterday: We had a tornado warning in the afternoon, so I had a
good test run for getting all six cats into the basement. Luckily, Angel
wasn't hiding under the bed like she does in thunderstorms-so I had an easy
time getting her down there. It was so eerily calm, no wind, just a
sprinkle-very scary! I was so worried for the kitties. I only have two
carriers, so I used one for Cassidy (FeLV+) and one for Ashley, who is still
a little sickly-loose stools, adjusting to food, getting rid of worms, etc.

But, the funnel reported near here dissipated, so it was a relief! But, I'm
glad I have some practice with getting them into the basement. Don't know
what I'd do if Angel was under the bed-I guess she'd be fairly safe there
since the bed is so heavy that I can't even move it!

Does anyone have a cat with black lips? Ashley's are black, and they were
like that when she first went to the vet. He didn't mention anything about
it, so when he called today, I asked about the coloring. He said some cats
can have pigment there-black-looking lips. He also advised we keep her food
the same for another week, de-worm her again after a week, and then see how
her stools are coming along before I switch food or anything. She's eating
like a horse now, so that's good. I just hope she gains some weight! I
suppose it's difficult to adjust from garbage to real cat food.

Melissa