I am so very sorry for your loss. It sounds like Herbie was a sweet little guy. Watching our little babies get sicker and sicker is among the hardest things we ever have to do. Thank you for loving and caring for him.

Cassandra

----- Original Message ----- From: "Tracy Weese" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <felvtalk@felineleukemia.org>
Sent: Sunday, April 29, 2007 11:06 PM
Subject: Herbie is gone......

Herbie was in a lot of distress at home and so I took him to the emergency
vet (also the place that just saw him on Friday), even after being
stabilized in oxygen, he continue to go down hill.  His heart was enlarged
and we were very limited in what diagnostics could be done in light of the
stress on the heart (couldn't give him fluids) and then his inability to
drawn air in......The new X-rays shows spots on the lungs and poss. fluid,
the lymph nodes were still very large.....

So, with a poor prognosis, and the fact that he would not be able to
survive surgery or sedation, I decided to let him go.  When I went back to
see him, I knew immediately it was the right thing to do--he looked awful,
even with the oxygen, he was really struggling to breathe........He went as
soon as the sedation was given, he was gone before the lethal fluid was
even given.

I will miss Herbie--he was such a love bug--hence, his name.  He liked to
lie next to other cats and put his "arms" around them.

Tracy