Tracy,

I'm so sorry about Herbie.  It sounds like you did the
right thing in letting him go.  It's as if things were
just so that you knew it was his time; there were no
other options for you to take.  I wish all situations
were this clear cut.  Bless you for taking such loving
care of him.  Prayers going out for peace for you.

:)
Wendy

--- Tracy Weese <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Herbie was in a lot of distress at home and so I
> took him to the emergency
> vet (also the place that just saw him on Friday),
> even after being
> stabilized in oxygen, he continue to go down hill.
> His heart was enlarged
> and we were very limited in what diagnostics could
> be done in light of the
> stress on the heart (couldn't give him fluids) and
> then his inability to
> drawn air in......The new X-rays shows spots on the
> lungs and poss. fluid,
> the lymph nodes were still very large.....
>
> So, with a poor prognosis, and the fact that he
> would not be able to
> survive surgery or sedation, I decided to let him
> go.  When I went back to
> see him, I knew immediately it was the right thing
> to do--he looked awful,
> even with the oxygen, he was really struggling to
> breathe........He went as
> soon as the sedation was given, he was gone before
> the lethal fluid was
> even given.
>
> I will miss Herbie--he was such a love bug--hence,
> his name.  He liked to
> lie next to other cats and put his "arms" around
> them.
>
> Tracy

world - indeed it is the only thing that ever has!"     ~~~ Margaret Meade ~~~