I'd get a new vet. Usually the law requires the owner to get the vaccination, not the vet to give it regardless. I'd also check with the state agency regulating vets (or, better yet, have a non-pet owning friend do the checking under his/her name). In Ky the waivers can be obtained based on a vet's statement. Titers are also accepted. And this is not a pet friendly state.

If you have men who will exclude any of God's creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity, you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow man. St. Francis ----- Original Message ----- From: "Kelley Saveika" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <felvtalk@felineleukemia.org>
Sent: Tuesday, May 08, 2007 4:18 PM
Subject: Re: Rabies wavier

All I can tell you for sure is that my vet has told me the law
requires him to give rabies shots even if it would kill the animal on
the spot.  No waivers.

Now, we don't vaccinate Missy at all...

On 5/8/07, Susan Hoffman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
It varies from state to state and county to county.  I'm in northern
California.

Nina <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I'm in so cal and I've also been told that a written wavier from your
vet is usually all that is required for exemption. Rabies shots are
otherwise mandatory in my county. They won't even allow you the
privilege of licensing an animal without proof of vaccination, or a
waiver. Now, getting a vet to write that waiver has been another story.
Nina

Kelley Saveika wrote:
> I posted the link to what as far as I can tell is the full body of the
> law.
>
> It says nothing about exceptions for medical conditions. If you can
> find something please let me know.

http://www.rescuties.org

http://astore.amazon.com/rescuties-20

Please help Gandalf!