Zithromax is considered safe for pregnant and nursing moms.  I googled it once
upon a time and found the information (breeder related but it may be on the
manufacturer's packaging.)  ust google it and you'll find it.  Your vet is
definitely wrong on this one.

  I have also used Advantage on tiny kittens.  I just do a dab on my fingertip
and touch to the back of the kitten's neck.  I've never had an adverse reaction
but you can always wash them off if you get nervous.  I reserve Revolution of
those over 4 months

Kelley Saveika <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  I know, Nina. I'm not good at making these decisions. Why can't they
be 2 lb already, grrrr.

On 5/9/07, Nina wrote:
> Kelley,
> This is the second time you've mentioned your kitten's flea problem. If
> your kitten's flea infestation is great, they could be causing more
> problems than the risks of treating them, (I'm sure you know that
> kittens can develop anemia from the little blood suckers). I know these
> guys have serious URI symptoms. You are there, you would know better
> than me if it's worth it, or not. I just wanted to mention that I have
> applied the tiniest amount of advantage to healthy kittens as young as 3
> weeks old. I put a drop of advantage on the end of a qtip and then
> apply that to the kitten. The next day, no more fleas. I wouldn't use
> revolution because of what happened to Kerry's kitty, (as Phaewryn just
> reminded us).
> Nina
>
> Kelley Saveika wrote:
> > I can ask in the future that they not apply it to the pregnant cats.
> > Unfortunately that doesn't mean they will remember. My poor nursing
> > mom is not even getting zithro...vet said no studies have been done.
> >
> > I have not treated my kittens for fleas at all, other than combing and
> > bathing them, and I'm not bathing them atm because they are sick.
> >
> > So on top of everything else we have fleas...my vet will not allow me
> > to give capstar at less than 2 lb. 2 lb seems like a HUGE cat to me
> > now.
> >
> > On 5/9/07, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> >>
> >> Revolution almost killed a member's cat here a few years back, it's
> >> totally
> >> NOT recommended for underweight, weak, sick, or debilitated cats or
> >> kittens.
> >> We were even successful at having the internationally distributed label
> >> changed to reflect that fact, as only their US label said that
> >> warning (it's
> >> called a different brand overseas - but it's the same product). Just
> >> wanted
> >> to mention it, since you said they treated momma cat with it at the
> >> shelter.
> >> I would never use it on a pregnant cat, even if the label says it's OK.
> >>

> >> Phaewryn
> >>
> >> http://ucat.us/domesticcatlinks.html
> >> Special Needs Cat Resources
> >>
> >> http://www.iGive.com/html/refer.cfm?causeid=21303
> >> Sign up for iGive and a percentage of your purchases helps save animals!

http://www.rescuties.org

http://astore.amazon.com/rescuties-20

Please help Gandalf!

http://www.firstgiving.com/gandalfkitty