My thoughts about FELV and euth'ing them just because of the test results
are this:

Isn't every moment in life a moment for a discovery, a moment to find joy, a
moment to know what it is to be loved? Is it fair for us to take ANY of
those moments away from any living thing just because they MIGHT later get
sick and die? True, many FELV+ cats do eventually get sick and die or have
to be put down, BUT, I think life is better measured by it's QUALITY rather
than it's QUANTITY! Even short lives can be filled with happiness, love, and
joy. Just because something is short-lived, doesn't mean it's not worth
experiencing. EVERY life has a purpose, everything is here for a reason, and
all the creatures that enter our lives are here to teach us something. I've
said it before, and I will quote it again, from Moogie's memorial page:

In Memory Of Moogie

  I can look back and know that even though she only lived just over a year,
she had all of the good experiences any cat could have in a lifetime, she
just did it a little faster than most.

Sickly kitties give more love.

I hope everyone opens their heart to a sickly kitty and gives it the best
life possible.

  Sickly kitties need more love, more time, more attention, and more
devotion, but they give it all back to you. Sickly kitties snuggle up under
your covers at night because they have a hard time staying warm on their
own. Sickly kitties trust you 100%, because sickly kitties know that you
crawl on your hands and knees on the way to the toilet in the middle of the
night just so you don't step on the sickly kitty stretched across the hall
way floor that doesn't have enough energy (or desire) to move out of your
way. Sickly kitties know that if suddenly their food begins to taste bad and
they don't want to eat it any more, you will go to the grocery store and buy
them a carton of light cream and some ham lunch meat. Sickly kitties know
that sudden trips to the vet to get rehydrated because mom had to be at work
for 8 hours and couldn't be home to force feed water 3 cc's at a time are
the norm, and no work schedule is more important than rehydrating the sickly
kitty. Sickly kitties know that even though they feel really bad, in a few
days mom will make it all better again, and they can enjoy a few more weeks
under the covers with mom at night, a few more weeks walking across mom's
keyboard on the weekends. Sickly kitties know that mom never lies, mom never
ignores them, and mom never puts them in second place. In the end, sickly
kitties know that mom will be there and hold them and tell them everything
is OK, and that it's OK to go to sleep, and as they close their eyes and let
go, sickly kitties know that mom loves them, and always will, and mom knows
the love is a mutual feeling.

  Sure, it hurts, but I get a lot in return for my efforts, it makes me feel
good inside, and that's the best feeling in the world. I have no regrets.
Life is a roller coaster of emotion, you might as well be in the front seat
where the view is good, and the wind is in your face.

From: http://ucat.us/Moogie/index.html

(sorry for making everyone cry again)

Phaewryn

http://ucat.us/domesticcatlinks.html
Special Needs Cat Resources

http://www.iGive.com/html/refer.cfm?causeid=21303
Sign up for iGive and a percentage of your purchases helps save animals!