Hi Tad and Jeni -- Whatever timeframe works for Jeni.  Apparently, Midnight, as
they've named her, was initially in the elderly woman's home with her own cat
prior to her being tested and spayed and they were absolutely fine together.
My feeling is, she'll be OK with minimal adjustment.  Midnight will be so
happy!  Just let me know your plan.  PAT

Tad Burnett <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:  Hi Jeni and Pat
   If you think this cat won't take more than average acclimation time I can
take
her at any time when ever its good time at your end...
I have a smaller cage that is set up and empty right now and so long as she
doesn't have to
stay in it for a long time she should be fine...
If she is healthy and not too aggressive......

The siamese that I am working with probably was a breeder and had lived in a
cage all his
life until he was dumped... He is very happy in his cage but when I let him out
he hides and
won't come out to eat, etc. so I am guessing he will have the big cage for a
long while...

My cats here all seem to except new comers with no problem and if your cat has
been with
other cats before there should be no problem with doing this any time....
And Jeni... where we met before with Luvy and Thurston would be great if we
could do that
again....

Let me know what you think
Tad

Patricia Lamoretti wrote:   Hi Jeni and Tad -- I'm waiting for some
confirmation tests.  I could put her at my vet's for a day or so which would be
in Rockville Centre.  I'm still waiting for more info from the woman and my
rescue friend.  You guys are great!  PAT

JENI RECA <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:   Hi Tad and Patricia,
I think I could help out and foster her for a week or two, until you get
your new guy acclimated into your home Tad and then meet you in albany or
close to it. I just can't keep her, my husband has offically limited me to
three cats to keep. As long as she has a definate place to go I could take
her in and she could hang out in a play cage (or bathroom depending on how
she is, as long as she isnt a fighter she could hang out in the play cage)
at first and see how she is with my cats (but what if she doesnt like
cats?...what then?) Let me know if that would be helpful, I drive past
queens and work in long island and could pick up the kitty, just as long as
she has a forever home and unfortunately it can not be mine. Let me know if
that helps.
Jeni