I'm just curious. What condition was your vet treating with Prednisone? Was it just due to being FeLV+, or were there symptoms the vet was treating?

I've been giving prednisone for anemia, but I am trying to wean my kitty off of it. I've been suppressing his immune system for 2 months now, and I don't think that is the best thing for him.

Cassandra

----- Original Message ----- From: "Elizabeth Paz" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <felvtalk@felineleukemia.org>
Sent: Monday, May 14, 2007 6:41 PM
Subject: Prednisone and doing great......

Hi Teresa,

My cat was diagnosed with felv when he was 2 yrs old, he is now 7 1/2. It was such a shock at the time as I have had so many cats and this was the first time I had ever heard of felv.

He was put on 5 mg of Prednisone a day and is still going strong and I do mean strong. The vet began lowering the dose after the first year and slowly continued. We now give him 2.5 every other day and have been doing so for about 2 yrs now. We did try to take him off of it completely, but after about 3 months we noticed he was a bit hangy so we started it back up again and if you could see him he is a chunk and so healthy.

It's so hard to know we share this world with people that dump or throw little beating hearts away like garbage. God Bless people like you Teresa.