Poor little scared guy!  How's your hand/arm?

Taylor Scobie Humphrey
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

On May 21, 2007, at 11:47 PM, Kelly L wrote:

Ok..So I am alone and head into the bedroom to see several cats curiously looking under the dresser. this can mean, a toad, a bird, a gopher or snake,,,I have already removed a few garter snakes from the cats this year,,, i got down on my hand and knees,,,shooing the cats away and heard a very irritated snake under the dresser. i could not tell if it was a gopher snake or a rattle snake,,,So now what,,there are 13 cats in there and i tried to get them out with out scaring them under the dresser,,favorite hiding place,,I did not want to leave as i needed to keep track of the snake, I tossed a few cats in the bathroom,,slammed the door,,,got one into the closet and scared a few into my cat inclosure and locked them out, that left only 4 more, I called Ashley, my cat helper to come give me a hand,,She arrived a few moments later,,,boots,,,rake and pail,,,but i still needed to get one feral out of the room,,,Well I grabbed her by the scuff and was almost out the door but she turned and really got me good, Several very deep bites but I got her out, Well we got the snake out and once in the light it looked more like a poor little scared gopher snake so we took him out to the vineyards to release him,,, I have pictures if anyone wants to see him,,, the moral of the story is ..well there may not be one,,find a snake in your room and go the emergency room with a cat bite!! What is strange is I have a pair of Red Tail hawks nesting in my palm tree and eating on the telephone pole out side my window,,,each day they seem to come home dangling a snake and i was just commenting that all my snakes will disappear,,,hmmm
Kelly