While you are at it: Please make sure lids from cans are completely off and not just bent back. When I was working I found a little stray who was trying to lick a can clean and got his head stuck. You have no idea how hard it is to get a panicked stray/feral's head out of a can. I still don't know what the cat looked like. Once he was freed he put a cheetah to shame with his speedy escape.

If you have men who will exclude any of God's creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity, you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow man. St. Francis ----- Original Message ----- From: "Pam Norman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <felvtalk@felineleukemia.org>
Sent: Saturday, May 26, 2007 10:13 PM
Subject: Plastic bags

While on this subject, don't forget to cut through the handles of all plastic & actually ANY bags before trashing them. Stray cats can get their heads caught in the handles & strangle. So please please cut those loops!

For the same reason, cut through the loops of the plastic things holding 6 paks together. Those things have been found around the necks of seals, cutting off their ability to swallow, thus starving them. Closer to inland home, small aniimals can get their heads caught in those too, or stray kittens which as they grow these things will tighten around their necks.

Pam